- 1 Whitaker Mill Area: Roanoke Park, Vanguard Park, Georgetown, and Hi Mount
- 2 Maps of Subdivisions along Whitaker Mill Rd
- 3 Roanoke Park
- 4 Vanguard Park
- 5 Georgetown
- 6 Hi-Mount
- 6.1 Peebles Street
- 6.2 Mial Street
- 6.2.1 633 New Road Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.2 1618 Bickett Boulevard Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.3 228 Georgetown Road Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.4 1802 Reaves Drive Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.5 112 E Whitaker Mill Road Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.6 1512 Sunrise Avenue Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.7 1514 Sunrise Avenue Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.8 1707 Patton Road Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.9 712 Mial Street Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.10 721 Mills Street Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.11 1545 Sunrise Avenue Raleigh, NC 27608
- 6.2.12 1905 Pine Drive Raleigh, NC 27608
Whitaker Mill Area: Roanoke Park, Vanguard Park, Georgetown, and Hi Mount
These subdivisions generally lie along either side of Whitaker Mill Road. We have grouped them together because of similar progressions of renewal. This includes existing home renovations and new construction on lots available or created by tear-down. In parts of the area, it is not just scattered; it is redefining the character of the neighborhood.
Maps of Subdivisions along Whitaker Mill Rd
Roanoke Park, Vanguard Park, Georgetown, and Hi Mount
Desktop Users will see the map above. “Using the Maps” explains the features.
Mobile device users, see the map and listings at the bottom of the page. This is also for desktop users
Roanoke Park fronts on the north side of Fairview Road and is about 1 block South of Whitaker Mill Rd. It includes Aycock, Bickett, Cherokee, Perry, Hanover, Dare, and Greenwood Streets. The subdivision surrounds Roanoke Park (See the link to The City of Raleigh page on Roanoke Park.) There are playgrounds for children 2-5, and 5-12; a basketball court, and a volleyball court.
Vanguard Park runs along both sides of Whitaker Mill Road between Wills Ave. and Reaves Drive. and fronts N. Whitaker again west of Pine Drive. Hudson Street traverses it. Segments of McCarthy, Bickett, Sunrise, and Carroll Streets are included.
Georgetown lies between an industrial and business area that lies along a railroad line to its south, and Whitaker Mill Road to its north. It includes Center Road, Georgetown Road, Sunrise Avenue, Aycock Street, Reaves Drive, Carson Street, New Road, and Patton Road.
At the time this was taken, this house of 3420 Sq. Ft. was listed for $710,000
Village Mill Place
This appears to be a separate subdivision running off Sunrise in Georgetown. All the houses are new. The street looks great.
A Comment About Trains
Being near trains is something many have accepted as part of being in Georgetown and many other Raleigh neighborhoods, especially in more urban settings. If you go, take a look.
Hi-Mount fronts the N. side of Whitaker Mill Road and includes homes on Noble, Wiggs, Peebles, Mial, Mills, Bernard, Brewer, Kimbrough, Ridley, and Hilton streets.